Pages

7.19.2008

Cookies! Always a good first post

Two weeks ago I was in a bookstore, and I bought this book. In it are one hundred seventy five cookie recipes. I have decided to go through this book, cooking a different kind of cookie every week, until I've done all of them. This should take me about three and a half years.

Today marks my second cookie day, and based on the taste and the nice resemblance of the product with the picture in the cookbook, I call it a success.

Today is also a good day, because I am another step closer to having an appropriately furnished apartment. I know I don't move for a couple weeks yet but I am keeping my eye out on garage sales and craigslist in the hopes that I can get some of the more necessary furniture (i.e. a mattress) before necessity forces my choice.



In other news, I went and watched Mamma Mia! with my grandmother, great-grandmother, and cousin. The movie was... flashy. I read a review that compared it to a giant ABBA music video, and I think I have to agree. As I sat through this okay movie (okay, not good), I was reminded why I don't really like ABBA music: although it is no less simple than other popular music, I find it has far too much stepwise motion and uncreative rhymes. I would blame this kind of thing on my music snobbery, but I didn't like this music before I was familiar with any music theory.

There are two conclusions that can be drawn from this. Either I have always been a music snob (whether trained or untrained), or ABBA just fails. Their success in the '70s makes me believe the former.

1 comment:

  1. If you ever get tired of cookies, you should totally check out Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. One of my housemates has been cooking out of it all summer, and they're delicious---better than non-vegan cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails